Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Waiting is Over!

For the past few days I have felt so anxious to find out whether our daughter Sarah was having a girl or a boy. This morning I was greeted by the happy news that Justin and Sarah are going to be welcoming another girl into their family! I immediately called my good husband to let him know the outcome of the ultrasound but he was in a meeting.... Arrrgh... I decided I would send him a text message instead and about 30 minutes later I heard this man chuckling on my phone saying..."So, Pepper's a girl!" (Pepper is a nickname for the baby since at this stage it is the size of a green pepper) We both had a good laugh, and then had a moment of silence for Justin as he will need our support when the Girls World Tour comes of age. (this is their 3rd daughter) I know most of the people that read these blogs are in their 20's and 30's. For you, taking this supense right up to delivery is rare. You are blessed to live in a day and age when you get to know what color to paint the babies room, and what clothes to buy, and what you are going to name your new little darling. When we had"Pepper's" mother, she was my 3rd child as well and I had no idea what I was getting. We were discussing names right up to the last minute. Ummm modern technology...gotta love it! Don't even get me started on epidurals... you lucky buggers! For some reason I lived in the day and age when natural childbirth was the rage.... it was highly overated, and to this day I still have people I should apologize to for verbally abusing them during my labor. I still think I wouldn't trade that experience with the fight each of you has on a daily basis with the car seat. (Can I get an Amen) I think they were made to torture mothers. You have to put your sweet little angel in the backseat where you can't reach to put the pacifier in their mouths, and when they get older they are too far out of range to pinch or give them the eye that means "business". I would like to have the statistices on mothers who are in accidents trying to reach in the backseat to comfort or beat (depednding on the mothering style and circumstance) their little darlings. I love the memory of my Ford LTD wagon that was really in essence a giant traveling playpen. Ah, those were the days!

9 comments:

hilla said...

Hahahaha! You sound like my mother... and grandmother... and aunt... and jody... and every other woman who raised children in the "blessed day" without carseat restricitions! Congrats on the granddaughter!

Traveling Mama said...

Congrats on another granddaughter! So exciting! All I can say about the car seat thing is Thank God they invented the portable dvd player or else we would be in big trouble!

Swangerlings said...

It was so good to hear from you two and I wanted to say congrats on another granddaughter!
Sarah Swanger

Jill said...

Well it has been probably over 10 years since I have seen you!! This is Jill Sprague (Harp)! I got a note from Sarah this morning and then saw your little note to her! So I thought I would say HI!!! Your family has grown so much! Its wonderful!!

Amber said...

I am so happy to see you blogging! We miss seeing you now and again. When we went to the auto show this year we were secretly hoping to run into you there. You can see our blog at haiderfam.blogspot.com
Loves!
Amber, Jeremy, Carly and Griffin

Sarah Young said...

Mom, I love you! I just read this blog a little behind schedule, but just loved it! I'll admit, I am totally spoiled! If I had to wait all nine months to find out what clothes or paint to buy, I'd go crazy! So props to you Mommason!

Holly O. said...

Barb McLean has a blog?! Hayley is linked to Sarah and I just found you through her. Ahhhh, you must be one of the best grandmas ever. (I am slightly biased towards another Grandma. You may know her...)

Heather said...

I just recently figured out Sarah Young (on Hayley's blog) was your daughter! So, now I link over and find you have a blog too? How fun is that. I'll have to go check out all your going "s" on.

buttercup said...

Hi! It's me Robyn Edmunds! I don't know if you remember me or not, but I remember you! You were one of my most favorite YW leaders EVER! I think about you a lot and wonder where you are and what you're up to and then I saw you post on Hayley Jones' blog!!! I can't believe your youngest is on a mission! please email me and let me know how you are. I will be adding your blog to all those I read! Love you! Robyn Edmunds Popham robyn.popham@gmail.com