Sunday, February 3, 2008

An American Adventure - Japanese Style!

I am spoiled. It is just a fact... After spending two amazing weeks in Germany with Steve and Kristine, I now find myself enjoying some wonderful Georgia sunshine, and my chitlins in Canton, GA. Maryn & Brynna, a.k.a. the "busy bee's" were squealing with delight when we drove into the Young driveway. It was so fun to be welcomed with hugs and kisses from our sweet little Georgia Peaches. Sarah & Justin took us out to a fun Japanese Steakhouse where the chef cooks up your meal right in front of you with plenty of fanfare and FIRE! It was freaking Maryn out when the flames would shoot up, and Mark was feeling a bit protective of his eyebrows as he was sure they were scorched. The food was a great and believe me when I tell you this... Brynna ate more than anyone!!!!! You go girl!
This is our chef, he was getting a little messy with the rice!
You better believe that after eating chicken nuggets, miso soup, edamame, shrimp, chicken, fried rice, veggies, and a big cup of milk, Brynna still had room for ice cream!Mmm, that was good, but 'I still hungee!'

This trip is a bit of business and pleasure, and I feel lucky to be tagging along with Mark. Sarah decided it would be great to teach me how to blog as she knows how much I enjoy reading everyone else's. So here is my maiden attempt... I hope the future stories of Barb & Mark will be fun to read and a fun new hobby for this wife, Mom, and Nana! Happy Blogging!

10 comments:

Jody said...

ok Barb you have now put the rest of us old codgers to shame!!! Kristen was going to teach me how to blog but we never got around to it...So Sarah I guess I'll be your next project!! So glad you get to be here for a fun visit. Can't wait to see you and Mark..

Love, Jody

Kristine said...

Hey Mom: You know how addicted I now have become to blogging! Now I have one more blog to look at and keep me feeling connected to the NW! We love you!

Marcelina Moreno said...

barb!!! I am so glad to finally see some pictures of you. I have missed seeing your face. I hope that you are doing as awesome as you look!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Yay Barb!! Happy you've joined the blogging world. Looking forward to reading more! Love, Kristen

Traveling Mama said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad you decided to start blogging! I saw your pictures from Germany on Kristine's blog. I felt like I was right there having a visit with you guys! I was trying to remember the last time I saw you... was it really our wedding almost nine years ago? Surely not because neither of you has aged a bit! Big hugs from Morocco!
Tina

hilla said...

how adorable! looks like you had tons of fun! glad to see you blogging... we are new to the blogworld too, but hear it is the newest and best way to stay in touch! look forward to seeing you via blogger.com!

Swangerlings said...

How cute are you and Mark? You two look so great!!! You look like your having a blast and loving where you are(in the Northwest). Anyway I have to confess that Sarah was the one who got me hooked on blogging too, so obviously she is doing a fantastic job, I love it. I wanted to say congratulations on your next future grandchild, I bet you are so excited. Well I am on Sarah's friends list to if you ever want to take a look at my expanding family. Love, Sarah Swanger

Seth & Courtney said...

Barb McClean! I am so delighted to have found your blog! You and Mark haven't changed a bit. I feel like you are still my Young Women's president. I got to go out to lunch with Karla Bickmore last October when I was visiting Vancouver and we had so much fun reminiscing.

Your grandkids are darling. I am so glad to see you doing so well with your wonderful family. You were always such great role models to me, as were your kids.

Dad said...

Sparkey looks pretty good as a grandpa! Guess he turned out okay after all.

Anonymous said...

love to feel her warm, soft little mouth sucking my c--k, my niece is 3 and she is getting pretty good, she can't swallow it all but does most of it, she loves my hand in her knickers fingering her p-ss- while she blows me