Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Afghanistan Reunion



On November 1st, my son Steve (right) left to serve a six month tour of Duty for the Army in Afghanistan. Steve serves as a Captain in the Army Dental Corp. My mind has been on him so much today because of all the preparations our little town is doing to get ready for Veterans Day tomorrow. How thankful I am for our men and women who serve, and have served our country. I guess my eyes have been opened over the last few years as to just how much sacrifice is given by our soldiers and their families. This photo was recently taken of Steve and his cousin Garry McLean, who is justing finishing up his tour of duty. Garry serves in the Air Force and the guys were so happy to see a familiar face so far from home. Thank you Steve and Garry! we love you and appreciate all you are doing so that we can enjoy the freedoms we have. May the Lord keep you safe!

3 comments:

Sarah Young said...

So you DO know how to update your blog!!! Now I'm going to expect more! I agree with you Momma, lots of love to Steve, Garry and all the others in their shoes!

Hillary said...

Wow! There is nothing like seeing a familiar face in those situations! So much love and respect for not only the men who serve, but for their families that make such huge sacrifices as well!

Becki said...

Wow, what a surprise to find your up-dates and pictures, you really are so good at writing and I just love to hear about your family. Hope your holidays are wonderful and memory filled.